OBDLink MX Scan Tool | OBD-II to Smart Phone & Windows PC Interface
Introducing the world's fastest OBD adapter!
Engineered to accelerate performance on mobile OBD Apps like Torque, MX is also
the first Bluetooth scan tool that can access SW CAN & MS CAN networks in
addition to standard OBDII protocols. MX is up to 400% faster than the closest
competitor. Thanks to our BatterySaver technology, you can even leave MX plugged in without
draining your battery when the engine is off.
Key Features of the OBDLink MX Scan Tool
* Up to 4x faster than the closest competitor: The MX Scan
Apps by up to 250% and PC software by up to 400%. Experience faster screen
updates and more graph points.
* Supports SW CAN & MS CAN protocols: The OBDLink MX is the only scan tool in its
class that can access these proprietary GM & Ford networks in addition to the 5
standard OBDII protocols.
* At just under 2" long, OBDLink won't
obstruct driver legroom.
* Hack-Proof: Cutting-edge security scheme virtually eliminates the risk
of unauthorized access.
* BatterySaver Technology:
The OBDLink MX's innovative sleep function lets you leave
it plugged in without danger of draining your car's battery.
* Read & Clear Check Engine light: Check diagnostic codes yourself and
make informed repair decisions.
* Works on PC's, Smart Phones, and Tablets: Turn your laptop, netbook,
Android, or Symbian device into a sophisticated diagnostics tool and performance
monitor. Note: Not compatible with Apple products.
* Works on a wider range of vehicles: OBDLink's advanced algorithm
enables MX to connect to more OBDII-compliant makes & models than any other scan
* Free diagnostics software: Includes ScanTool.net's exclusive OBDwiz license
for Windows (a $39.95 value)
* Peace of Mind: Covered by our 3-year warranty & 90-day money-back
* Superior Compatibility: works with more 3rd party apps & software than
any other adapter.
Supported Devices, Software & Apps
* Android Smart Phones & Tablets.
* Apple (iOS) devices
* Recommended Apps:
* OBDLink App (included FREE with OBDLink MX purchase)
* Torque Pro
* OBD Dashboard
* WiFi-enabled Windows PCs, Laptops, Netbooks (Windows 2000 &
* Recommended Software:
* OBDwiz (included FREE with OBDLink MX purchase)
* ScanXL Standard & Pro
* DashCommand for Windows
* Symbian Smart Phones (Nokia, Samsung, LG, Sony-Ericsson)
* Recommended App:
* Nokia N800 & 810 Internet tablets
* Recommended App:
* PalmOS & Pocket PC phones & PDAs
* Recommended App:
â—¦ OBD Gauge (PalmOS & Pocket PC)
Vehicle Compatibility of the OBDLink MX Scan Tool
OBDLink MX works with all 1996 & newer model year cars and light trucks sold in
the U.S., including all American, European, and Asian vehicles. Live outside the
U.S.? Most newer non-U.S. vehicles are complaint with the OBDII standards.
* Wireless module: 802.11b/g
* Legislated OBD protocols:
* ISO15765-4 (CAN)
* ISO14230-4 (Keyword Protocol 2000)
* ISO9141-2 (Asian, European, Chrysler vehicles)
* J1850 VPW (GM vehicles)
* J1850 PWM (Ford vehicles)
* Single Wire CAN (GM)
* Medium Speed CAN (Ford)
Exclusive OBDLink Features of the OBDLink MX Scan Tool
* Extended command set - Enables OBDLink MX to perform enhanced
diagnostics not possible with ELM327-based scan tools. 100% compatible with
legacy ELM327 command set.
* Upgradeable firmware - Free updates that unlock new features and keep
your adapter up to date.
* BatterySaver: Allows the MX to automatically enter Sleep mode when not in
* Advanced multi-protocol auto-detect algorithm - OBDLink MX connects to
more OBDII vehicles than any adapter on the market.
* Smart keep-alive algorithm - Ensures a stable connection on ISO and KWP
* Large CAN memory buffer - STN1110's architecture allows OBDLink MX to
manage larger amounts of data without error compared to older ELM327-based scan
* Dimensions: 1.97 x 1.77 x 0.91 inches (51 x 45 x 23 mm)
* Weight: 1.2 oz. (33 g.)
* Operating Voltage: 8-18V DC
* Operating Temperature: -4 to 131 degrees F (-20 to 55 C)
* Operating Humidity 10 to 85% (non-condensing)
* OBDLink MX WiFi Scan Tool Interface
* CD containing OBDwiz and installation instructions
* Printed Quick Start Guide
OBDwiz Diagnostics Software
STN11xx Family Reference & Programming Manual
OBDLink MX New Protocol Commands