OBDLink SX is the perfect entry level scan tool designed for
the do-it-yourself mechanic. Despite its modest price tag, it is packed with
advanced features normally found in more expensive scan tools. Includes the
latest OBDWiz diagnostic software. USB interface
Overview of the OBDLink SX OBD-II Scan Tool
OBDLink SX will quickly and accurately diagnose engine problems and access
performance parameters for all OBD-II compliant vehicles. Use the latest version
of OBDwiz software on any Windows laptop, netbook, or PC and you have a
sophisticated, easy-to-use diagnostic system for a small fraction of the cost of
comparable standalone units! OBDLink SX provides the same core functionality as
the original OBDLink in a straightforward, plug-and-play package.
The latest version of the free, feature-packed OBDwiz diagnostic software
included with the scan tool allows you to:
- Turn off the check engine light, and erase stored diagnostic
- Read and erase stored, pending, and permanent trouble codes (both
generic and manufacturer-specific with optional software).
- Access freeze frame information.
- Display, graph, and log 90+ real-time parameters
- Create custom digital dashboards
- Measure and display fuel economy
- And much more!
The OBDLink SX supports premium diagnostic software, such as
ScanXL and ScanMaster, offers a myriad of additional features including
Dynometer, multi-language support, and data manipulation tools . ScanXL's
Enhanced Diagnostics Add-ons offer support for thousands of enhanced
manufacturer-specific parameters, as well as ABS and other proprietary systems.
The firmware inside OBDLink SX is upgradeable, which means you can enjoy the
latest features simply by downloading a free update.
Key features of the OBDLink SX OBD-II Scan Tool:
- Plug-and-play design
- Greatly increased data throughput delivers faster screen updates and
more graph points
- Supports all legislated OBD protocols:
ISO14230-4 (Keyword Protocol 2000)
ISO9141-2 (Asian, European, Chrysler vehicles)
J1850 VPW (GM vehicles)
J1850 PWM (Ford vehicles)
- Compatible with more diagnostic software than any other scan tool
- Advanced commands to perform enhanced diagnostics not possible with
older ELM327-based scan tools.
- User upgradeable via free downloads
- Improved automatic protocol detection - OBDLink SX connects with more
vehicles than any other scan tool.
- Smart, keep-alive algorithm helps ensure a constant connection on all
vehicles, even ISO and KWP.
- The large CAN memory buffer makes OBDLink SX the most stable scan tool
- Dimensions: 3.5" L x 1.75" W (89 mm x 45 mm)
Compatibility of the OBDLink SX OBD-II Scan Tool:
OBDLink SX is compatible with all model year 1996 and newer cars and light
trucks sold in the United States, including all American, European, and Asian
vehicles. OBD legislation varies from country to country, therefore if you
reside outside the United States, check your vehicle specifications before
purchasing this product.
Package contents of the OBDLink SX OBD-II Scan Tool:
OBDLink SX unit
Quick Start Guide
Installation CD (includes latest OBDWiz diagnostics software)
OBDLink SX Quick Start Guide
OBDwiz Diagnostic Software
STN1100 Family Reference Manual