Airbag (R/5-SRS-16) Scan/Reset Tool for BMWs 2001-2003
Reads all SRS fault codes, resets SRS Light!
NOTE TO BMW OWNERS - BMW Codes vs. OBD-II
- Models available for most BMWs built between 1994 and 2003
- Displays all SRS fault codes, tells you what's wrong. Resets the "SRS"
- Very, very easy to use
- Low cost
- Includes instruction manual and code chart.
Each unit includes a hard-shell plastic storage case and easy to follow
*R5/SRS-16 - Airbag Scan/Reset tool for BMW's without 20 pin connector. NOTE:
Some 2000-2003 BMW's still have 20 pin connector and require the
Indispensable for Mechanics, Racers, Installers, Tuners!
The BMW airbag light is something that every installer, mechanic, racer and
tuner will eventually face. The removal of interior components such as the seat,
steering wheel, ECUs, parts of the wiring harness, etc... will cause the airbag
light to come on. And it stays on, until a tool is used to reset it. Until now,
the only solutions were a trip to the dealer, which will always costs you time
and money, or the purchase of a very costly scan and reset tool. With The low
cost, Peake Research R5/SRS, you simply read the code, look up the code in our
code book, make sure you know exactly why the airbag light is on, fix the
problem, then reset it. That simple.
Examples of common situations that cause the airbag/SRS light:
- A loose connector Alarm Installation
- Stereo Installation Seat removal Seat upgrade Seat belt replacement
Steering Wheel removal Steering Wheel upgrade Fuse Removal A corroded
connector Unplugged Wiring harness Body Work Engine compartment work BMW
Owners: Has your airbag (SRS) light ever come on unexpectedly? Have you been
driving around ignoring the SRS light? Do you know exactly why your SRS light
came on (i.e. you triggered it while installing an alarm/stereo/steering
wheel/seat) but you have no way to reset it? Are you tired of relying on
someone else to get the SRS light reset? Yes? Then the R5/SRS was made for
- Wouldn't it be great to have a good idea of what's wrong before you go in
for a repair? Or, better yet, if it's a minor problem, like when racers swap
in a racing seat and trigger the airbag light, you can scan it, fix it, and
reset it yourself!
- What is the SRS light trying to tell me? The BMW SRS light can mean
any number of things from serious to minor. Sometimes it's alerting you to the
real need for a repair of a broken part, but sometimes it is merely indicating
that a circuit critical to proper SRS operation was temporarily disconnected
(i.e. while you were installing a stereo, alarm, racing seat or steering
wheel). Without the R5/SRS, it's anyone's guess. You're stuck staring at your
SRS light light until you have time to go pay someone to diagnose and reset
Are you starting to see that the R5/SRS makes lot's of sense? There's
Safety - Priority #1: Some people unwisely ignore the Airbag warning
light. Doing so puts them and their passengers at unnecessary risk. Taking
immediate action is the only wise choice. The Peake Research R5/SRS can quickly
help you determine the general nature of the problem; and while many SRS system
repairs are not recommend for those without the proper tools and training, you
will at least have information to help you make intelligent choices about what
action to take. Plus, you will enjoy the ability to talk intelligently to your
- Never use the R5/SRS to reset the Airbag light without first checking and
understanding the code.
- Always disconnect the main car battery before servicing or repairing the
- Never service, repair or troubleshoot your Airbag/SRS system while a
person is in the car. This includes use of the R5/SRS or any other SRS related
- Keep your head and body at least 24 inches from any airbag while
servicing, repairing or troubleshooting the SRS system. This includes use of
the R5/SRS or any other SRS related tool.
- Always double check your repair by driving the car over 15 MPH and then
re-checking the code.
- Many repairs to malfunctioning or damaged SRS hardware require proper
training and equipment and should not be attempted otherwise.
- Read entire R5/SRS Owners Manual before use.
Buy and Use at your own risk.