The easy way to detect engine knock
Haltech offers an affordable solution for detecting engine knock in high
performance and race vehicles. The Knock Ears are available in single or
dual channel models and come with a headset, sensors and wiring loom.
The Knock Ears - the essential tool
for any performance tuning
Many of us have witnessed the destructive power of engine knock, now there
is a high quality and affordable tool for detecting engine knock in high
performance and race vehicles.
Included parts and Features:
- Single 3 wire knock sensor lead with shield for connection to 1
- Dual 3 wire knock sensor leads with shield for connection to 2 knock
- Dual sensor sensitivity adjustment for fine tuning of the knock
- Stereo listening through professional industrial quality headset and
ipod style ear pieces.
- Dual overall volume control on headset.
- Selectable switch for 1 sensor use, converts to mono listening
- Cigarette power supply lead.
- Battery power supply lead with alligator clips for attachment to
- Spares kit, assorted terminals for loom repairs.
- Plastic case with laser engraving.
- 5 year warranty on Knock Unit.
- 1 year conditional warranty on all other components
The following sound recordings were sampled at various RPM at first with correct
timing, which does not produce knock; then timing was advanced to induce knock,
and finally timing was reduced to eliminate knock:
The following sound recordings were sampled at various RPM to demonstrate heavy
Please note, the following sounds are in Microsoft's WMA format which can be
played through Windows Media Player and other audio players with WMA support.