Articles and Knowledge Base
New to tuning, or just looking for more information? Tap into our Tuning and race team specialists - all for free!
Check out the articles below provided by our amazing team! Remember - all Tuner Tools customers get these same professional on speed-dial. Free setup help provided on all Standalone ECUs and as always - friendly and knowledgeable support from people passionate about the industry for all our products
Tuning Articles and discussions:
- Volumetric Efficiency 101 - VE calculation and use explained
- Load Calculation and Control - Methods of calculating airflow and load for engine management systems
- Mix it Up - Air/Fuel ratios: Tuning and measurement
- Knock Detection - Knock detection and control methods
- Knock Detection - do I need it? - Follow up from Real Tuner Episode 79
Real Tuners Episode 79 - Brian from Tuner Tools joins to discuss tuning topics, drifting and what how to select the best tuning equipment
Resources and Training:
Looking for additional resources for tuning? Or interested in taking the next steps in your tuning education? Check out some of our recommended options below!
- Paid and Free courses and webinars for Tuning, Engine Building, wiring and more! Guided course work and certification process.
- Check out their free articles here to get started
- Real Tuners is a collection of tuners and industry professionals that offer regular webcasts and webinars for free!
- If you want to take the next step they offer in person live tuning classes, including a live dyno tuning session. Check out there classes here
- Check out their webinar series as well here
- Andy Whittle from HowEFIworks.com has a vast collection of articles and videos covering a wide aspect of tuning - highly recommended for the DIY Tuner!
- Check out Andy's YouTube channel HERE
Standalone ECU Manufacturer's channels
- Most standalone companies offer extensive technical articles and help via their youtube channel. Check out a few of these below:
- Don't see your answer here? Contact us! Speak with one of our tuners so we can answer your specific question. Remember, all out standalone customers even get up to 4 hours of live and remote support and setup help!